Longfield™ FJ80 Gun Drilled 30-Spline Super Set
The Longfield™ FJ80 Gun Drilled 30-Spline Birfields are made out of 100% chromoly and are precision polished to remove any imperfections that may cause stress risers. The internals of the birfield are also made from 4340 chromoly and are dual heat treated for superior strength. The birfield has a M8 grease zerk at the end of the stub shaft and is gun drilled through the center of the birfield to allow for grease to pass through the zerk fitting and into the internals. This will save you precious time by eliminating the need to disassemble your axle just to service your birfields.
The FJ80 Gun Drilled 30-Spline Birfields also have a shallow relief near the splines on the stub shaft known as a Machined Spline Saver. The Machined Spline Saver eliminates stress concentrations caused by grooving from the tool that makes the splines on the stub shaft. The stress concentration from the spline groove is a common failure point on birfield stub shafts. The stub shaft of the Birfield has dual snap ring grooves to accommodate FJ80s with short and long drive flanges.
The axle shafts are also made out of 4340 chromoly steel.
Included in this kit is a set of new FJ80 ABS Tone Rings. This will allow you to install the Longfield™ FJ80 Gun Drilled 30-Spline Super Set on ABS and Non-ABS FJ80 applications. No other kit on the market can compare.
- Made out of 100% chromoly and are precision polished to remove any imperfections that may cause stress risers
- Birfield housing is made out of forged 4340 chromoly steel
- Birfield stub shaft has dual snap ring grooves to accommodate FJ80s with short and long drive flanges
- Internals of our Longfield™ birfields are made out of 4340 chromoly steel and then dual heat-treated for superior strength
- Machined spline saver to eliminate stress concentrations from the spline groove
- Gun drilled to create grease passage through the birfield
- M8 grease zerk at the end of stub shaft for easy greasing of the birfield
- Includes FJ80 ABS Tone Ring
- Includes extended drive flange dust caps
- The axle shafts are also made out of 4340 chromoly steel
All products carry our 12 Month Limited Warranty. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser and are not transferable to subsequent owners of the product. The warranty period begins on the purchase date. Trail-Gear warrants that it will repair or replace, free of charge, any eligible product which, under normal conditions of use and service, proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.