Trail-Creeper 29-Spline Ring & Pinion Gears for Toyota 8" Axles
Looking for a Toyota Ring & Pinion that is even stronger than our Trail-Creeper Ring & Pinion gears? Trail-Gear is proud to introduce Trail-Creeper 29-Spline Ring & Pinion gears. The 29-spline section on the pinion shaft is 7% bigger in diameter than the standard 27-spline pinion shaft, resulting in fewer broken pinion shafts.
Our Trail-Creeper Ring & Pinion gears are made from tool-grade 8620 steel and heat-treated for maximum strength and wear resistance. The gear teeth are cut using Gleason CNC hobbing machines & cutters. Gleason gear-cutting technology produces an unprecedented level of accuracy and surface finish, which allows the gears to transmit more torque and improve fuel efficiency. The higher accuracy and surface finish also produces a quieter-running gear set, which means they'll work great on the daily driver too.
If you're looking for a Gear Set that's easy on the wallet, but can handle whatever you throw at it, look no further, because Trail-Creeper 29-Spline Ring & Pinion gears are only available from Trail-Gear.
On Toyota trucks we recommend 4.88's for 33" tires and 5.29 for 35" and larger.
Fits 79-85 4WD Toyota axle 8" ring gear, and most 86-95 rear axles only.
Note: Requires 29-spline pinion flange, 29-spline pinion seal, & 29-spline pinion nut (sold separately).
RING & PINION BREAK-IN PROCEDURE
All new 3rd members require a break-in period to prevent damage from overheating. Any overloading or over-heating during this periods can cause the gear oil to break down resulting in ring & pinion failure.
- After installation drive lightly for 20-30 minutes and then allow the diff to cool for at least two hours.
- Avoid heavy throttle use during the first 500 miles.
- Do not tow a trailer during the first 500 miles.
- Change oil after 500 miles to remove any particles suspended in the oil.
This may seem unnecessary but it is very easy to damage the differential by loading it before the gear set is completely run in. New ring & pinion gears create excess heat when they are new. This excess heat can damage the heat treatment of the gears.
- Made from tool-grade 8620 steel and heat-treated for maximum strength and wear resistance
- 29-Spline pinion spline is 7% larger in diameter than the 27-spline for increased strength
- Includes forged chromoly 29-spline Quadruple-drilled flange with dust shield, 29-spline Trail-Safe™ Pinion Seal, and 29-spline pinion nut
- Dust shield pre-installed onto flange
- High-pinion sets also include a high-pinion oil slinger
- Available in 4.88 & 5.29 ratios for 4-cyl, V6, & high pinion applications
- Requires Ring & Pinion Setup kit to complete the installation into your existing differential housing
- For Toyota 8" solid axles only. Will not fit 7.5" IFS front axles
All products carry our 12 Month Limited Warranty. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser and are not transferable to subsequent owners of the product. The warranty period begins on the purchase date. Trail-Gear warrants that it will repair or replace, free of charge, any eligible product which, under normal conditions of use and service, proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.